forum.netbsd.se - NetBSD Sweden

You are not logged in.

• Index
  •  » Support
  •  » non-netbsd specific: php configuring with gd

#1 2004-08-22 02:14:21

elip

non-netbsd specific: php configuring with gd

OK...i am getting extremely frustrated trying to configure PHP with the GD library...

should be simple, or so i thought...

here' s what i'm running:

./configure --with-openssl --with-pgsql --with-zlib --with-zlib-dir=../zlib-1.2.1 --with-jpeg --with-jpeg-dir=../jpeg-6b --with-png --with-libpng-dir=/usr/pkg/include/ -enable-zzip --enable-session --enable-fastcgi --enable-discard-path --enable-force-cgi-redirect  --with-gd

here's the error I get, this ONLY happens when i try configuring with --with-gd sad

configure: error: png.h not found.

I get this no matter where i set the --with-libpng-dir= directory to? 
currently the only place on my system where png.h is located is in /usr/pkg/include

i am stumped...this happens on 4.3.6, 4.3.8, and 5.0.0.
i've noticed that there are hundreds of similar if not same posts about this all over the net, with nobody providing a solution that works for me here...someone please help.

#2 2004-08-22 02:25:57

elip

Re: non-netbsd specific: php configuring with gd

disregard...solved it by getting the latest config version of libpng!!!

#3 2005-02-21 21:54:18

Sanoi

Re: non-netbsd specific: php configuring with gd

elip wrote:

OK...i am getting extremely frustrated trying to configure PHP with the GD library...

should be simple, or so i thought...

here' s what i'm running:

./configure --with-openssl --with-pgsql --with-zlib --with-zlib-dir=../zlib-1.2.1 --with-jpeg --with-jpeg-dir=../jpeg-6b --with-png --with-libpng-dir=/usr/pkg/include/ -enable-zzip --enable-session --enable-fastcgi --enable-discard-path --enable-force-cgi-redirect  --with-gd

here's the error I get, this ONLY happens when i try configuring with --with-gd sad

configure: error: png.h not found.

I get this no matter where i set the --with-libpng-dir= directory to? 
currently the only place on my system where png.h is located is in /usr/pkg/include

i am stumped...this happens on 4.3.6, 4.3.8, and 5.0.0.
i've noticed that there are hundreds of similar if not same posts about this all over the net, with nobody providing a solution that works for me here...someone please help.

I had the same problem but I solved it this way:
locate the line "if test ! -f $GD_PNG_DIR/include/png.h; then" in ./configure (Line 30490)

I changed it to "if test ! -f $GD_PNG_DIR/include/libpng/png.h; then" because it was there I had my png.h file..
Now run configure again and it should work.

I configured with
./configure --with-apxs2=/usr/local/apache2/bin/apxs --with-mysql --with-gd --with-ncurses --with-png-dir=/usr/local --with-jpeg-dir=/usr/local --with-zlib-dir=/usr/local/lib --with-curl

Good luck!

• Index
  •  » Support
  •  » non-netbsd specific: php configuring with gd

Board footer