forum.netbsd.se - NetBSD Sweden

You are not logged in.

#1 2005-12-14 02:48:24

Victor E.

Hypocrites...

Man, I am so sick of self-righteous hypocrites that talk from their rectums and feel that they have to prove something to everyone else.   Whether it's Macintosh evangelicals, scummy politicians, retarded radio people, or the "Oh, I'm elite too" crowd at BSDnexus...  I really don't want to hear it!

I don't give a crap if the Macintosh is better than Windows.  I don't give a crap if the Macintosh is more stable.   Do you wanna know why?   Because I bought into that bullshit and I found out that the Macintosh is a piece of crap.   It's damn near impossible to really survive satisfactorily in a PC world when you're using a Macintosh.   And with the superiority of the Macintosh being largely myth, it becomes very tiring and frustrating having to defend your platform choice to a bunch of Windows zealots...  This frustration is only compounded by the realization that much of your defense is a lie.   The Macintosh is not better than a PC and I'm really kicking myself now for having chosen the Macintosh over a PC.

And Blackburn Radio Incorporated...  Honestly dude, who really gives a crap?   I don't think anybody really gives a fsck so give it a rest!

And what's with the BSD wankers that want to hijack NetBSD and make it their very own?  I'm sick of listening to these jokers take a position on something and then jump sides when they realize that they're not being perceived as being "l33t"!!   Really, man, give me a fscking break!   I don't want to hear how "amateur" a particular piece of software is and how no real BSD user should use it...  Ya wanna know something?  It's jackasses like you that keep our software choices minimal.   Honestly, who the heck wants to develop utilities and such for a platform that is used by "elite wannabe's" that criticize every effort at making things efficient, simple, and user-friendly!

Really, dudes...  If you want an OS for your very own...  An Operating System that only you can use...  An operating system that no one develops useful software for...  An operating system where you can spend all of your time messing with config files...   Write your own damn OS!!!   Don't hijack an OS like NetBSD...  An OS that a lot of people put a lot of effort into...  Cuz it ain't yours, Dude!

Oh, and before I close this little rant, if you're the kind of person that doesn't have time to compile your own sources...  If you're the type of person that doesn't have time to build your own packages...  If you're the kind of person that depends heavily on precompiled binaries, you're NOT elite!   So stop pretending, because you're really not fooling anyone!   Oh, and if you're so elite that you haven't the time to write your own damn open source software, don't discredit the software that others freely write and offer...  You don't own the OS!!!

#2 2005-12-14 09:51:32

fredrik
Administrator
Website

Re: Hypocrites...

That was alot of criticism....

Personaly i dont see all this elitism that you are talking about in the NetBSD community, sure it exists some kind of "write it yourself" in the opensource world but i think thats wrong because how can the software be better if no one whines tongue

I use precompiled software alot because it is convenient. I dont use Debian my self but if i'm not entirely missinformed they only use precompiled software?

So cheer up dude smile

#3 2005-12-14 11:08:54

mikael

Re: Hypocrites...

Victor E. wrote:

I don't want to hear how "amateur" a particular piece of software is and how no real BSD user should use it...  Ya wanna know something?  It's jackasses like you that keep our software choices minimal.

If anything on this forum is upsetting you, please make a reference to it.

Board footer